Youth Services – What do we do?
The Youth Work Act, 2001, defines Youth Work as a planned programme of education designed for the purpose of aiding and enhancing the personal and social development of young persons through their voluntary involvement and which is:
a) complementary to their formal education and training; and,
b) provided primarily by voluntary youth work organisations.
Benefits of youth work for young people:
Personal and social development outcomes: communication skills, confidence and agency, planning and problem solving, relationships, creativity and imagination, emotional intelligence.
The role of Cavan & Monaghan Education & Training Board (CMETB) Youth Service:
• Provide assistance and support to the Youth Work organisations and Volunteer-led Clubs/Groups in Cavan & Monaghan
• Administer youth related Grants from the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) and other statutory agencies
• Implement the National Quality Standards Framework (NQSF) for Youth Work
• Participate in the work of the Cavan & Monaghan Children and Young People’s Services Committee (CYPSC)
• Participate in other Youth related Committees or Groups
• Completion of annual youth work progress reports to DCYA
• Support CMETB’s Youth Work Committee to advise and make recommendations on the performance of the ETB’s youth work functions
Meet the Team
|Cavan Office – 049 4330144
Monaghan Office – 047 30888 ext. 207
Youth Support & Compliance
|Monaghan Office – 047 30888 ext. 208
Youth Support & Finance
|Cavan Office – 049 4330144 ext. 210
List of publications
|Title for Listing|
|Covid-19 Guidance for Youth Work Organisations
|Youth Capital Funding Scheme 2021 – Only Staff led organisations in receipt of UBU/YIC funding can apply.
Closing date 7th June 2021 Hard copy also available from CMETB Youth Services department by request
|Youth Club Equipment Grant Scheme 2021
Closing date 7th June 2021Hard copy also available from CMETB Youth Services department by request
|The Local Youth Club Grant Scheme will open for applications from Monday 26th April with a closing date of Monday 31st May||Application form: Local Youth Club Grant Scheme
Please note: application form takes approx 20 mins to complete and cannot be saved as you go.
Hard copy also available from CMETB Youth Services department by request
|Operating Procedures for the Youth Work Committee||View pdf|
|CMETB LGBTI Youth Service Provision Monaghan||View pdf|
|Better outcomes Brighter Future: National Policy Framework for Children and Young People 2014 – 2020||View pdf|
|National Policy Strategy for children and young people’s participation in decision making 2015 – 2020||View pdf|
|A practical guide to including seldom heard children and young people in decision making 2015||View pdf|
|Quality Standards for Youth Club/Groups||View pdf|
|National Quality Standards for Volunteer-led Youth Groups – ANNUAL PLAN AND PROGRESS REPORT||View pdf|
|National Quality Standards for Volunteer-led Youth Groups – SAMPLE EVIDENCE||View pdf|
|Youth Club/Group Resources and useful links||View pdf|
|Youth Service Directory 2015-2016 for Cavan and Monaghan||View Pdf|