Public Procurement is the buying of goods, services and works by government departments and other statutory bodies including ETBs in accordance with procurement rules and regulations.
The aim is:
- Obtaining best value-for-money in procuring the goods, services and works it needs.
- Compliance with public procurement rules and regulations and internal purchasing procedures.
Centralised Tendering and Procurement Frameworks
It is Government policy that public bodies, where possible, should make use of central procurement frameworks and contracts that are put in place by the Office of Government Procurement (OGP). These central procurement frameworks and contracts are designed to optimise benefits to the public service through the strategic aggregation of its buying power. Central procurement frameworks are currently in place nationally in respect of the following:
- Advertising Print Panel
- Bulk Liquid Fuels (kerosene,LPG) Paper
- Energy (Electricity & Natural Gas) Personal Computers
- Fuel Cards Procurement cards
- Furniture Stationery
- ICT Consumables (toner etc) Translation services
- Janitorial (cleaning products) Cleaning Supplies
- Laptops and Tablets Water Coolers
- Managed Print Service Pest Control
- FOI Training ICT
- Mobile Voice Fixed Voice
- MIS (School Management information System)
Where there is no Framework established by the OGP, CMETB may set up their own tender competition for goods/services or draw of other collaborative tenders in place.
- Participation on National frameworks: All national OGP frameworks are advertised on e-tenders (www.etenders.gov.ie ) and so as a supplier you need to register on the e-tenders website (no cost!) and you will automatically receive notifications by email of relevant tender opportunities.
- Participation on CMETB Tender Competitions: All contracts / frameworks that are over €25,000 for goods and services and €50,000 for works are advertised on eTenders and a link to this notice is advertised on our own website. Therefore, registering as a supplier on eTenders is a must!
For Smaller threshold ETB Contracts, please email your details as follows to email@example.com setting out the following:
Area of Interest(s)
VAT No or Company No.
Contact Person Name
CMETB Procurement Policies and Procedures